Thursday, March 19, 2015

Nerves

You know I've never thought of myself as being worked up about a lot. However, the more I've grown up I have found myself getting worked up by a lot of things. My wife wouldn't agree with that, neither would my mother but how well do they really know what is going on in between my ears?

With that being said, I have a bunch of "stuff" tied up in a bunch. With lots of anticipation leading up to the birth of my second child it only makes my nerves, which are suspect to begin with, go into overdrive. Although there is nothing that I can do, even though my wife will be in great hands, and even though I have already been through this process before I still feel like I'm a step away from being overwhelmed.

Tomorrow is coming because time waits for no man. So, I'll just grin and bear it. In fact, I'll probably wake up and do Insanity tomorrow to get the blood flowing. After Shawn T. yells at me and kicks my butt I'll be ready to take on the world. Getting my lather on will put me into the mind of playing my first college basketball game or my first high school varsity soccer game after not playing soccer for 3 years.

Pitbull
Oh man, back in the day I used to be so nervous that I'd tell my coach that I didn't feel good so he should start someone else. After the tip off I'd be thinking to myself, "I should be out there. Dale (said like Pitbull)! Let's go." Just thinking about what I've got to do to get mentally prepared for tomorrow already has me in a better mood. Tomorrow is going to be awesome. I can't wait for the latest edition to the Bruff Clan.


No comments:

Post a Comment