Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Yup, I am One of Them

Truly, I never thought I'd be one of those parents. But everyday I find myself going down the path of no return. I've posted pictures of my kid on social media. In fact, every photo that I have on my Instagram account is of my child. I've even had the Facebook evolution of college fun, first job pictures, first self paid vacation photos, adult life photos, wedding photos, then.....kid pics.
Just tonight I thought back to my old self a long, long time ago, 6 years ago, I'd always wondered, "Why do people always have to talk about their kids?" Being in that position now, I have a small insight into that perspective. My kid rocks! Yes, I said it, MY KID ROCKS. And I am not even pretending to be my cousin on Instagram.

I've found that I can't help but share my joy with others. Yes, it was so annoying when my mother used to drag me to meet her all of her friends that I didn't know. Yes, it was terrible to hear someone ask me questions they already knew the answers to because my parents had already told them countless times before. Yes, I knew that my parents friends only humored my parents and I went along with it anyways and couldn't wait for the pain and suffering to end. Yes, I promised I'd never do anything like that to my kids. Yes, I will do the same things to my kids that my parents did to me because, why not? I love my son so much there's nothing no one can do/say to change my mind about it. So, I'll over indulge when I am given the opportunity.

Lastly, I'd like, to leave you with some "My kid..." statements, you know, kinda like the good ole "Yo mama..." jokes. 
My kid is so cute I pull him up out of his crib just to snuggle him at night.
My kid is so funny, because he runs with his hands behind his back like a super hero's cape blows in the wind.
My kid has the best hair because even I don't know what to do with it.
My kid is so cool that he makes my awful wardrobe combinations look fletch.
My kid is the best because he's the only one I've got, and you don't have him.
My kid brightens my day with a smile and a hug, not in that particular order.

No comments:

Post a Comment