Friday, October 2, 2015

SMASHbook Day 2 Challenge

Goals:

One of my goals that I'd like to achieve is to publish a book. And not put out a self-published book. There is nothing wrong with a self published book. One of my good friends and former teammates Tyson self-published a book, Hoop Dreams Fulfilled (for more info on his book Tyson's Website), and I couldn't be more proud of him. There is just something appealing in knowing that I went through the grind of getting my words, opinions and thoughts mass printed. Even if those words, opinions and thoughts are not successful, to know they could be widely read at anytime is awesome.

The narcissistic side of me says, "Chris, you want your name and your words to live on forever once you die." Although the narcissistic side appeals quite a bit to my goal setting, that isn't entirely how I think. The biggest reason why I want to publish a book is I've always enjoyed telling stories. Whether they were tall tales that landed me in trouble as a child, colorful retelling of my adventures through adolescence, and the underrepresented events of early adulthood of college athletics.


Another goal I have is to make a real difference to someone. Being a teacher helps. There are times I feel there are so many people out there doing good and what I am doing doesn't even compare. It's not a competition about who can be more holier than thou, it would just be nice to know that there are people out there who need something that I can offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment